Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Momma's Got A Brand New Bag

 OK, more than one (they're for sorting) and they're old bags (I like to reuse).  I also like musical references.

I have hung up most of the clothes I brought with me.  I brought a lot ~ more than I have hangers.  My goal is to go home with fewer items than I brought.

The bags are for tops, skirts, dresses, swap, goodwill, laundry, trash, keep.

Tops, Skirts, Dresses
As I try on each item and decide I like them, they will go in the spreadsheet (did I not mention the spreadsheet?) and appropriate bag.  As of this moment, I have tried on twenty or more tops and skirts.   I'll write about the what-to-keep dilemma soon.

Trash
I brought panties that I may or may not love.  If I wear a pair and don't love them, they go in the trash bag.
I also have a lot of socks, mostly women's socks.  I either need to buy large (rare) or stretchy.  Some are just uncomfortable because they're not large or stretchy enough.  Some I love but there is now a toe or two peeking through the worn tip: trash.
My male clothing that is worn, torn, threadbare will go in the trash as well.

NO tops, skirts, dresses, bras, camis, nighties will go in the trash, unless they're in bad shape.

Swap
ALL tops, skirts, dresses, bras, camis, nighties that are deemed in good condition but not right for me (fit, style) will go in the swap bag.  Just because that beautiful pink minidress is too short for me, or that sheath dress won't quite zip up... it may not be right for me, but it's not fair to leave it in the closet when someone else might go out and look good.

Goodwill
Male clothing that doesn't fit or isn't my style will go to Goodwill or The Sal or some thrift shop.

Laundry
I haven't had an opportunity to go out yet, so I haven't caused any of my Meg outerwear to need laundering.  But my civilian clothes I want to keep go in the big laundry bag.  I don't plan to do wash for a while.  Also, nighties and camis and panties and socks and whatever else I wear go in the big laundry bag.  I shouldn't have to do laundry for up to three weeks ~ and that will be because I ran out of civilian shirts.

Keep
After laundry, clothes will go in a "keep" bag.  I have more slacks and camis than shirts.  When they get laundered just because they're in that bag, I don't want to put them in the "not worn yet" closet or drawer so I'll put them aside.

Don't I sound organised?  I'll see how long it lasts.




No comments:

Post a Comment

My day is brighter when I hear from my friends!